Monday, November 6, to Wednesday, November 8, 2023
In the wild spirit of the thing, we invite you to join us.
Boondoggle XII is planned for November 6-8. Boondoggle is a small annual gathering that takes place in the woods outside of Omaha, Nebraska. For the twelfth time, it will be convened by Jason Lauritsen and Joe Gerstandt. The catalyst for this gathering was and continues to be a yearning for greater depth, in both conversation and connection.
Boondoggle is a place for deeper & bolder conversations...
Participating in many conferences and professional gatherings, Jason and Joe both wished for more of the occasionally deeper and bolder conversations that usually took place outside of the formal conference agenda.
The Boondoggle idea originally surfaced as “wouldn’t it be awesome to just have a couple of days holed-up with some really smart folks to talk about big ideas?” And then it happened.
Every year the roster changes. There is always a mix of veterans and first-timers.
Every year the conversation changes.
The aspiration remains the same:
To embrace each other in a unique and loving fellowship, so that we might think boldly and creatively about the future; possibly even craft some shared ideas about the future that might inform our work in the present.
The shorter version is this: To Collaboratively Provoke the Future.
The less lyrical version is this: To Poke the Beehive with a Stick.
The Eight Boondoggle Agreements
Stuff You Should Know about Boondoggle XII (2023)
- Dates: Boondoggle 2023 will begin Monday, November 6th, in the afternoon and end the morning of Wednesday, November 8th, in Omaha.
- Arrival/Departure: Be on the ground in Omaha by 1:30pm on the 6th and fly out at 1:30pm or later on the 8th. If you arrive early or stay late, consider saying at the Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel (the unofficial hotel of early arrivers).
- Travel: Fly into and out of Omaha Eppley Airfiled (OMA). We will gather your travel information a few weeks ahead of Boondoggle and arrange arrival and departure transportation.
- Accommodations: Boondoggle 2023 has a new space — the Swanson Retreat Center. Each participant has their own private room. Bedding and towels are provided.
- Meals: Meals, snacks, and beverages will be provided from dinner Monday to breakfast Wednesday. The retreat center can accomodate the following dietary restrictions with notice: no peanuts/tree nuts, vega, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose/dairy-free, no pork.
- Cost: The cost of Boondoggle is $425 which represents that actual cost of accommodations, space rental, meals, and incidental costs. Airfare and lodging before or after Boondoggle is not included.